When: Flexible but regular commitment. We suggest once a week or once a fortnight for a morning or afternoon, which might include prep time, activities, tidying up and debriefing with staff.
The Gardening Volunteer will:
- Support our customers in transforming the communal gardens
- Build and maintain vegetable and herb plots with customers
- Make the garden are more useful and productive space for everyone
- Debrief with staff after an activity about the wellbeing of customers.
- Work with customers and staff to help prepare, run and tidy away activities.
- Encourage customers to take ownership of activities and support them to run activities themselves.
- Make a note of who attended activities.
- Complete inductions and any necessary training
- Work with other staff as necessary
- Support the work of Evolve
This role would suit you if you are:
- Flexible and adaptable
- Organised, punctual and reliable – our customers respond to consistency
- A strong communicator
- Able to work with individuals with multiple needs
- Able to encourage and motivate others
- Are interested in, and committed to, making a lasting difference to lives and communities
The following skills, experience and qualities would be preferable, but they are not essential:
- Experience of working with individuals with multiple needs
- Experience of working in the health and social care settings
- Experience of working in housing and or homelessness settings
As a volunteer with Evolve Housing + Support, you will be able to access:
- Experience working within the charity sector
- A full, site-specific induction
- Ongoing supervision and support from Project Staff
- Travel expenses within zones 1-6 (or as otherwise agreed) and lunch expenses if working over 4 hours per day
This role involves regulated activity with adults, supporting the mental health and wellbeing of customers and as such will require a DBS and suitable references.